Saturday 21 May 2016

A Premature Celebration

On Thursday, I had my Dutch oral exam. I was really nervous although I am half-dutch myself. Obviously, this meant I had an advantage but I felt that it also meant I had more pressure to succeed. Thankfully, it went really well and I had dinner and cocktails with friends to celebrate... well prematurely celebrate as I get the results in a couple of weeks. 


Dinner was vegetarian moussaka. My friend Cleo has been trying to avoid eating meat after watching Cowspiracy so we replaced mince meat with quorn mince, and you really couldn't taste the difference! The whole meal was delicious in general. After some catching up (and a juggling lesson), me, Cleo and our friend Jamie moved on to the Havana, the cocktail place from last week. 


As I mentioned it was Thursday so this can only mean one thing... Tiki Thursday!! Wanting to try out different cocktails from what we had last week, I ordered a Cuban Zombie and Cleo ordered the El Presidente. The only reason I chose the Cuban Zombie was that it came with a flaming head! I have always wanted to see that in real life, and it was as awesome as I had imagined... until I had to blow it out. None of us could extinguish the flame and it was made even more embarrassing when the waitress removed it with one single blow. As cool as it looked (the cocktail, not us), it didn't taste very good so I guess I will have to keep experimenting until I find the perfect one. We already plan to go next Thursday.


Although not too much happened on this day, I quite enjoyed writing this short post. I like that I can have a sort of online visual diary of my daily activities for me to look back on, however mundane they may be. So far, this has been my favourite aspect of writing a blog, and I couldn't be happier that me and best friend started this challenge. 


Fem



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your results! I'm sure you aced it :) That flaming head drink looks so cool! I don't know why I thought you could drink it while it was alight haha! It's a shame it didn't taste nicer though XD xx

    ReplyDelete